Monday, August 29, 2005

the day i was born.. again

....since then, I am at peace with my self. Pain keeps no meaning for me, and the acquisition of material things have long been considered a young man's sport. Many a night I spent traveling treacherous terrain until I came upon the place I had seen in my dreams. For miles on end there was no object of the creation of man and the only sound to be heard was that of the birds in the morning sky or of the tiny brook scampering along the valley floors in the quite night. From then on I knew not what date or day it was nor cared about when the sun rose or moon shined. All that my worldly possessions comprised of were my clothes and a small bronze bracelet given by a dear friend. So like a man who has no possessions, roams the land of god like one who has nothing to lose, I lost track of time and also the desire to fear the loss of material things. Far from the rules created by man which bound him in chains, I led a life which few would have cherished. There were days when I had to go without food or water but that did not create as much as an inkling of doubt in my mind about my purpose in life. I had always believed that every man was given a gift by god, probably this was the gift that god had given me.
My only concern was to decipher the will of god and to find out why god created the world the way as it was. Since eternity I had heard that the world was a perfect place and that the way it worked always remained in equilibrium. But I always doubted the way god ran the world. I spent hours on end trying to discover the meaning of life and to find out where all the pain, the suffering, the discontent fit into this 'perfect world'. If all men were created equal, why then were some men more equal than others?
My inhibitions about leaving the world of man were far and many and for many a year I had planned this day in my mind. I knew it would be a day my world would explode. The unanswered questions in my mind were bound to drive me crazy some day. In my dreams I had already visualized the day, the day I would be called a mad man, the day people who knew me would tell others that I had just died. But who would tell them that death is not an end but a beginning. And on the day I just got up and then to the world I, and I to the world, was no more....

No comments: